Workshop: Developing Microservice Applications with Docker and Kubernetes
Online May 25, 2021, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Doing cloudy DevOps things at Active Solution
Adopting container technologies provides a lot of benefits for application packaging and deployment, but it also means new things to learn and use for developers.
Running containers in production also means using a container orchestrator such as Kubernetes, that you can run either on premise or in the cloud. Used properly, Kubernetes will allow you to build scalable and resilient distributed applications that can be deployed without downtime and gradually rolled out to your users.
In this workshop you will use Docker and Kubernetes and learn about:
- What is a microservice architecture
- What Docker and Kubernetes means for developers
- How to use Docker and Visual Studio to containerize an application
- What is Kubernetes and how does it work
- Creating a Kubernetes cluster in Azure
- Deploying a microservice application to Kubernetes