Pre-Conf Workshop: Practical Messaging with NServiceBus
Kista May 27, 2020, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Chief Architect, Headspring
Go beyond the hype and build a solid foundation of theory and practice with this workshop on message-oriented architecture and development. Join Jimmy Bogard for a deep dive covering architectural topics like:
- UI decomposition
- Data ownership across the enterprise
- Finding service boundaries
You’ll also learn the nitty-gritty details of building production-ready systems including:
- Fault tolerance – HTTP and queues
- Reliable integration with 3rd party systems
- Scalability, high availability & monitoring
Finally, get some hands-on experience in message-oriented architectures by building:
- Scalable command-processing endpoints
- Publish/subscribe event-processing interactions
- Long-running multi-stage business processes and policies
We’ll understand messaging concepts, and DDD concepts such as bounded contexts and data ownership.
We’ll apply those concepts to build a simple, yet fully functional, order management system sample with a messaging architecture, using patterns such as command processing, pub/sub and long-running sagas.
## Skill Level
Senior developers, tech leads, and architects will benefit most from this workshop.
## Computer setup
Participants are requested to bring a Windows laptop with Visual Studio 2017 and to follow the full set up instructions at least one week before the workshop, available at https://github.com/Particular/Workshop/blob/master/README.md